Wednesday 17 August 2011

Manifesting


Question:
First of all I want to thank you for your wisdom and insight. I have a two part question. I finally realize that we create our lives and I read the books "Conversations with God" and "The Secret" and of course your books. They all say how to create the life you wish and how you can change your life by your thoughts and feelings and think of what you want and not what you don't want. Does the soul have something to do with not having what you want, because I would love to live a better life and to have more money? If the soul has other plans for me then, can I convince the soul that this is what I want and how do I do that? 
My other question is: I get myself so excited and happy about creating a better life and then nothing happens, then I get depressed and give up for a while, then I'm back at it. Why doesn't it ever happen?  
Answer:
The part of us that is completely free to create the life we wish for is our unconditioned self, our soul, our pure divine essence. The part of us that limits that expression is our ego, the finite, conditioned self with its past history of hurts, disappointments, and fears. It’s also important to clarify that we have desires that come from these two aspects of our nature as well. The desires that arise as compensation for or as reaction to our fears and past emotional hurts are not likely to lead us to real happiness even if they are achieved. So instead of mentally trying to figure out which of our desires for a better, happier life are in our highest and best interest, it is simpler to get directly in touch with our higher self through meditation and allow the natural expression of growth from that state to flow into our lives as desire and action. This puts us in the stream of the infinite intelligence and force of evolution governing all creation and it ensures that what we are drawn to will be exactly what we need at this moment.
Even if this means we don’t have everything we want yet in terms of health, love, and wealth we are living and acting from the soul level which is already full of those qualities inside while the outside is in the process of transforming itself to reflect that inner perfection at the right time and in the right circumstances. These changes in your life will happen if you put your soul  in the stream of evolution and let it carry you along instead of trying to force things to happen through your ego desire, which is like trying to row upstream. It can be done, but it’s exhausting and you may end up somewhere you really don’t want to be.
~ Deepak Chopra

No comments: